New Series: IR Debates

Hello readers! It's been awhile, since I've been busy with school. Yesterday, when I was deep in the writing process of an essay on international relations between China and the U.S., I realized there was no good reason for school to keep me from running the blog because I could work some of my assignments into it! I'm taking an Intro International Relations (IR) online college course this semester that requires two papers every week. They are bound to be occasionally controversial, inflammatory, and strange.  I'll simply publish those. 

In order to look at these essays the right way, I need to give you some context. All of the papers come from an online discussion board that students are required to participate in twice weekly.  The subject matter stems from our textbook, which contains debate sections at the end of each chapter. We are told to pick one of two sides, write at least three paragraphs in support of it, and submit it to the discussion board for the whole class to read. We then have two to three days to respond to another student's post. I will be posting my initial papers on this blog, but not my responses, because they wouldn't make sense without the other student's writing. 

Look out for new posts labeled "IR Debates." A note to my fellow college students: First of all, hang in there. Second, don't be afraid to write what you really believe. The First Amendment protects your right to speak your mind, and professors are not allowed to discriminate. Just make sure you write in a pertinent, skilled, and respectful way. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Report: Frankenstein, or the Modern Prometheus

Kiss That Power Goodbye

IR Debate No. 5: Human Rights: A Hollow Promise To The World?